Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Molly Ivins is Dead

It would be hypocritical of me to say anything kind about Molly Ivins now that she has passed away, and I would probably follow my Momma's advice ("If you can't say anything nice...") like I usually do, except for two things
1. I never read anything Molly Ivins wrote that wasn't mean, stupid, or deceptive (usually two of three and often all three of three) and delivered in a folksy wrapper of smarm .

2. She was cranking out the crap almost until the day she died
If you want to read something nice about her you can read the article linked in this post's title. All her 'newsy' friends loved her from the sound of things, and Travis County will probably put up a freakin' monument (Please - not near Stevie Ray!).

For the record, I'm NOT saying I'm elated or even 'sort of pleased' that she's gone: the feeling is more like having your chronic coccydynia suddenly get better.

No comments: