Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Remember Hiroshima and Nagasaki

A most moral use of force.

H/T Instapundit

Glen Reynolds offers two excellent links to outstanding and most timely content content for our review and reflection.

The first, is from the late Paul Fussell, whom I've never quite forgiven for his little book "The Boys Crusade" (a 'stain' on an otherwise quite good collection of work IMHO), but I set that aside to recommend the 'Insta-linked'  Thank God for the Atomic Bomb .

At the second link, Bill Whittle delivers a timeless, crushing body-blow to the 'revisionists' who grow bolder as age and time overtake our WW2 veterans and their memories.




 

2 comments:

DC cocktail partier said...

You need to take Snafu! off your blog roll or talk some sense into that boy. I think he is off his meds or something.

SMSgt Mac said...

Ehhh,
Solomon and I still have some good exchanges. He's always worn his heart on his sleeve, and he can believe what he wants: his house, his call. I just don't engage him on F-35 issues at his place because I don't see it the same way and so far he doesn't engage me on the same subject at my place. We seem to be agreeing to disagree. The fact that the cost tradeoff isn't between defense programs but between Defense and "everything else" is another issue we don't get into at this time. In the end, everything will come out in the wash.